Hôtel Les Roches Rouges, Saint-Raphaël, France
Guide prices from: £1,685 per person for 7 nights, based on two sharing (including London flights and transfers)
The Hôtel Les Roches Rouges is a sophisticated five star hotel with washed out rustic chic design and accents of 1950s architecture, this is a beautiful and charming hotel. The swimming pool is an integration with the coast, harmonious with nature, a natural sea pool carved into the rock, additionally there’s a pontoon for those who prefer swimming in the sea. Something which echoes throughout the setting of the Hôtel Les Roches Rouges in Saint-Raphaël is a merging with nature, such as that with the Mediterranean beach and the pine and tamarisk trees.
Hôtel Les Roches Rouges cleverly uses splashes of vintage throughout the hotel to emit a confident and attractive persona and offers guests super facilities in addition to setting and decor. La Terrasse Restaurant draws on Provencal ingredients and innovative cuisine to delight guests and critics alike and gained its first Michelin star in 2019. La Plage carries on the sentiment of fresh and local ingredients and dishes with more relaxed beachfront dining.
For relaxing during or at the end of the day there are three bars at the Les Roches Rouges with the beach bar the perfect spot from which to watch the sun go down. The gardens are enticing surroundings for guests to appreciate the natural beauty of the area, but for those who want to explore the ocean instead, the hotel offers free rental of paddleboards, a two person kayak and snorkelling and swimming equipment. There’s plenty going on at this inviting hotel with live music evenings, open air yoga classes, open-air cinema evenings, table tennis table in the garden and there’s even the local president of the neighbouring village’s bowling club teaching petanque once a week.
- Sea view classic room: king-size bed, en-suite open bathroom with shower and sea view, bar and balcony or terrace.
- Sea view superior room: king-size bed, en-suite open bathroom with shower and sea view, bar and balcony.
- Sea view deluxe room: king-size bed, en-suite open bathroom with shower and sea view, living room area, bar and balcony.
- Garden view junior suite: king-size bed, some suites with a sofa bed, en-suite shower, seating area, bar and balcony, garden view.
- Sea view junior suite: king-size bed, some suites with a sofa bed, en-suite bathroom, some suites with a dressing room, bar, seating area, large balcony, sea view.
- Sea level suite: king-size bed, sofa bed, en-suite bathroom, seating area and terrace close to the Mediterranean, sea view.
- Sea view suite: king-size bed, sofa bed, en-suite bathroom with bath and shower, seating area and balcony, sea view.
- Sea view family suite: two bedrooms one with queen-size bed, the second with two single beds, sofa bed, two bathrooms with bath and shower, balcony or terrace, sea view.
- Heated lap pool
- Saltwater pool
- La Terrasse Michelin star restaurant
- La Plage restaurant
- La Cabane bar
- La Plage bar
- La Terrasse bar
- Dual kayak
- Petanque court
- Table tennis table
- Open-air cinema (twice weekly)
- Yoga (once a week)
- Books, magazines and board games
- Spa and beauty treatments
- Climbing the Esterel
- Scuba diving
- Snorkelling safaris
- Fishing with the local fisherman supplying the hotel
- Half-day hikes
- Mountain biking and electric mountain biking
- Tennis at a choice of four nearby tennis clubs
- Horse riding
N.B. Please note all extras are at an additional charge
The best time to go
- May – September
- London to Nice Côte d’Azur Airport, 2 hour flight time. 1 hour drive from Nice Côte d’Azur Airport
“The Hôtel Les Roches Rouges emits a confidence of times past, 1950s swagger meets the elegance and charm of a time gone by, this is a wonderfully special property where highlights include beautiful views and iconic setting as well as the numerous inclusions which might surprise many guests, and the one Michelin star La Terrasse.”