Little DumaTau Camp, Botswana
Newly launched for summer 2020, the Little DumaTau Camp is an exquisite safari camp in Botswana and it is linked to its sister camp; DumaTau Camp which was completely refurbished in 2020. Located on the edge of the Osprey Lagoon, the Little DumaTau Camp combines amazing wildlife spotting with luxurious accommodation.
The Little DumaTau Camp is located in the Linyati area of the Chobe National Park and has incredible wildlife in its immediate vicinity. On the game drives from the lodge, guests are likely to see high numbers of zebras, kudu and waterbuck. It is also not uncommon for there to be lion and leopard sightings as well as the occasional wild dog or cheetah sighting. Guests enjoy twice daily complimentary game activities ranging from morning and afternoon game drives and night drives to seasonal boat safaris, seasonal barge safaris, seasonal fishing, nature walks and birding.
Whilst the Little DumaTau has just four lavish tented guest rooms, there are some wonderful facilities available to use which are shared with its sister DumaTau Camp. Between game drives guests can enjoy the facilities which include a wellness centre and fitness suite with a swimming pool, shaded deck, spa and snack deli.
The Little DumaTau offers an intimate experience thanks to the small size of the camp, the wonderful tented guest rooms and its own private facilities. Each of the tented guest rooms has a spacious bedroom, indoor and outdoor showers, a lounge area, a private plunge pool and a furnished deck. In the main lodge there is a beautiful living and dining area with views of the Osprey Lagoon.
- Standard tent: double or twin beds, en-suite shower, outdoor shower, living room, furnished deck, plunge pool and lagoon view
- Swimming pool
- Dining room
- Snack deli
- Wellness area
- Fitness suite
Please note that the wellness area and fitness suite including swimming pool, snack deli and shop are shared with the sister camp; DumaTau Camp
- Transfers to and from Little DumaTau Camp from Savute Airstrip
- Massage and beauty treatments
- Morning and afternoon game drives
- Night drives
- Boat safaris (seasonal)
- Barge safaris (seasonal)
- Nature walks
- Fishing (seasonal)
- Private drives and excursions
- Helicopter experience
- Sleep out under the stars
Please note some extras are at an additional charge, please speak to a specialist as some may be included in your stay
- The best time to go: May to September
- International travel: London to Maun via Johannesburg; flight time approximately 15 hours
- Internal flight: Maun to Savute Airstrip; flight time approximately 50 minutes
- Transfer time: 30 minute drive from Savute Airstrip
- Currency: Pula, US Dollars accepted
- Languages: Tswana, English also widely spoken
- Child policy: children welcome from 10 years old
“Little DumaTau is one of our favourite camps in Botswana as it seeks to expertly combine luxury, wilderness and wildlife into one sleek and fully inclusive package in an intimate and private safari camp.”